Champions of the Nutrient World – PART I
When people talk about vitamins and minerals, chances are high that the word “essential” will pop up more than once. Vitamins and minerals are of course essential to life, playing major roles in everything from: digestion of our food, how we look, how we behave, and how our bodies function. Finding a quality vitamin and mineral formula, can sometimes be hard to do, but not all hope is lost……
With BodHD products including: RADIANT, DAILY, and FUSION, to name a few, you are obtaining those key nutrient players, in the highest quality, most bio-available form. Below I have provided information on:
- Key Nutrients found in BodHD products
- Best Whole Food Sources
- Best Partners- Vitamins and Minerals to Increase Absorption
- Worst Enemies- Pharmaceutical Drugs preventing Absorption
These crucial nutrients are sure to improve not only your overall health, and increase daily energy, but make you look great through their advanced anti-aging properties that include collagen and cell membrane maintenance and inflammation prevention.
This fat soluble antioxidant is extremely important for your immune functioning, as well as improving vision, and cell membrane maintenance. (Think of it as a key player in anti-aging)
- Raw Carrots, Yams, Spinach, Squash and the ever loving breakfast food, the Egg.
Vitamin A Best Partners: (Promotes Absorption)
- Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, EFA’s, Zinc.
Vitamin A Enemies: (Prevents Absorption)
- Antacids, Hypocholesterolemic Drugs, Laxatives.
Another fat soluble antioxidant that in its natural form includes d-alpha tochopherol. Vitamin E is one of the body’s primary defenders against the adverse effects of free radicals. Its main action is primarily to stop the chain reaction of free radicals producing more free radicals. In doing just this, Vitamin E protects vulnerable components of your cell membranes.
- Vegetable and nut oils, spinach, whole grains, wheat germ, and sunflower seeds.
Vitamin E Best Partners: (Promotes Absorption)
- EFA’s, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Manganese, and Selenium
Vitamin E Worst Enemies: (Prevents Absorption)
Vitamin D (Calciferol) like Vitamins A and E, is also another fat soluble nutrient that is known as the sunshine vitamin, in that the body can synthesize it with the help of a little sun. Though called a vitamin, vitamin D is actually a hormone that is a member of a large and cooperative bone maintenance team. Not only that, but Vitamin D is also involved in the support of immune system cells, brain and nervous system functioning, and muscle and cartilage maintenance. (Think of it as great for strong healthy muscles and bones, but also stress relief and relaxation.)
- Aside from sunshine: (not a food source), salmon, mushrooms, eggs, fortified milk, tuna.
Vitamin D Best Partners: (Promotes Absorption)
- Calcium, Choline, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, EFA’s.
Vitamin D Worst Enemies: (Prevents Absorption)
- Hypocholesterolemic Drugs, Laxatives, and Antibiotics.
B Vitamins – (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (Folic Acid), B12)
B vitamins, I like to think, are the happy producing vitamins. They are heavily involved in maintaining metabolism, muscle tone, and brain functioning tasks including the synthesis of tryptophan, one of our brains “Happy Promoting Chemicals” (Skinny waist, tighter legs, better focus and mood, I would say that makes most people happy). Without B vitamins our bodies would seriously lack energy because they are directly involved with our ability to utilize carbohydrates, proteins and fat for energy.
- Fortified Cereals, whole grain breads, Asparagus, and Beans
The B’s Best Partners: (Promotes Absorption)
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Manganese.
The B’s Worst Enemies: (Prevents Absorption)
- Antacids, Hypocholesterolemic Drugs, Oral Contraceptives, Antibiotics, Anti-inflammatory drugs.
Vitamin C is not only a powerful antioxidant, in its ability to neutralize free radicals, and reduce inflammation, but it can also be known as the collagen former. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in connective tissue repair and synthesis (Think firmer, even toned skin). It is almost like a bodyguard to the structural integrity of your connective tissue. By dramatically reducing and preventing inflammation, Vitamin C allows your cells, cell membranes, and tissues to re-synthesize, or heal, leaving you with that everlasting younger, firmer, and radiant like skin, hair, nails, tendons, and joints.
- Broccoli, Kiwi, Oranges, Peppers, Strawberries, Asparagus, Avocados, Onions, and Kale.
Vitamin C Best Partners: (Promotes Absorption)
- Calcium, Magnesium, and Bioflavonoid
Vitamin C Worst Enemies: (Prevents Absorption)
- Oral Contraceptives, Antibiotics, Anti Inflammatory Drugs, and Tobacco