Why it’s Crucial to make YOU Accountable to YOU when Losing Weight
When starting any new weight loss plan, it’s always in your very best interest to devise a plan for yourself, and most importantly, educate yourself! You need to learn your own habits, become in tune with your likes and dislikes, your capabilities, and teach yourself personal tools and tricks that help you STICK TO IT!
Here are some great examples of just how to do that:
- Purchase a Food Journal -
Writing down your daily meals including: the time you eat, what you eat, portion size, and servings, is a sure fire way to truly hold yourself accountable because it’s written right in front of you. Sometimes people “THINK” they are eating way less than they actually are, which leads to stalled weight loss or even weight gain! Then you wonder what happened, why it happened, become frustrated, and give up entirely. This unfortunately is a vicious cycle. The Solution: JUST JOT IT DOWN! This takes maybe 5 minutes of your day, and then you will always have the ability to access what happened, and of course how to fix it. This in turn leaves YOU in control, and maintains your motivation.
- Acknowledge your Weaknesses –
If you remind yourself that for example, sweets are your biggest downfall before you go into a restaurant or grocery store, you will be less likely to reach for it should it become within reaching distance.
(Say it out loud….. I , acknowledge that is my weakness, and I’ll be just fine without it.)
- Create both, Short-Term and Long=Term Goals -
Before starting a weight loss plan, most individuals focus solely on the short-term outcome like: “I want to fit into that dress”, or “I have to look smokin’ for that upcoming party”, or “it’s officially summer and I have to lose weight… like NOW!”
While these little short-term motivators can be useful in getting your act in gear, the odds that you’ll succeed long-term are unfortunately limited without a plan of action. BodHD’s QuickFX Program, which gives you a healthy way to lose up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days, provides a great short-term program, and when you combine that with BodHD’s SUPERFX System, which provides you with the nutritional products and lifestyle changes to help you reach your long-term goals of keeping the weight off for life.
Try and look at your short-term goals, but also the bigger picture. Think of losing weight, not just as a quick solution, but also as a permanent achievement. For example: “ This program is going to make me not only look better, but I’m going to feel better.” “This program is going to enhance my ability to finish my 10k run faster.” “This program is going to reduce my risk of developing a family inherited disease.”
- Use CAUTION & SMARTS before entering the Big 2 -
1) Happy Hour
2) Movie Night
- Happy Hour – Between all the alcohol and greasy foods, you can EASILY pack away over 1,500 calories. That’s ½ a pound of FAT! Alcohol is notorious for increasing appetite and causing you to make unhealthy food choices. Solution – Stick to a certain number of drinks, and keep them light! Drinks such as Light Beers, or Skinny Cocktails can have almost ½ the calories as their regular counterparts, so keep that in mind when placing your order.
- Movie Night – This event can be painful at times especially with all the delicious smells of popcorn, and butter floating through the air. (Not to mention the guy in the seat next to you who cant stop munching)! Solution – The best way out of this is to bring your own snacks (Just keep them hidden). This way you will never feel deprived, or left out, and can reap the benefits of knowing you still get something to munch on, and it’s not going to sabotage your hard earned efforts!!